Thursday, December 24, 2015

white Christmas

After several years of virtually no snow at all, we in the Sierra are overjoyed to have a white Christmas this year. Yet what is it about a white Christmas that makes it so desirable? Well I think because it is pretty and cozy.

And the snow has a way of covering up everything and silencing the world. And just one day a year it seems right that the world should be shut out and silenced. And we as Americans should concentrate on peace on earth, good will to men.

I really hope to have a holy day. I want to stay at home and appreciate my husband and my many blessings.

As for presents, I got a beautiful pink night gown from my friend Vicky. It's covered with flowers and is a little long. Richard told me I look like a Gustav Klimt painting so that was twice a gift. Richard already gave me the best present of going to the play writing seminar which was super fun.

Another great gift will be a visit from Ashley and Steven. They will come up after Christmas for New Years. I hope by then it will stop snowing so that they can make a safe drive. Amazing how demanding we creatures are of our universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment