Monday, December 21, 2015

internet

I had a frustrating day with my internet service provider down for hours. I ended up calling for technical help three separate times. Finally I just went into their system and put myself on a new channel which is working really well now.

I'm not a computer wiz by a long shot but if you walk me through something I'm pretty good at remembering passwords and sequences of steps. So I just helped myself so to speak.

The question is is this ethical? I'm not sure I'm supposed to be on this channel. I mean maybe it's fine or maybe it's for people paying a higher fee each month. Who could say? It's just that I'm so fed up with the bad service that I'm willing to take things into my own hands.

At this point I think I'll just enjoy the service for a while. Maybe later I'll call tech support and confess my crime. Surely I can't be the only one who's thought of this? Not that that makes it any less criminal. But not having the internet drives you to take desperate measures. We are all hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment