Saturday, December 19, 2015
simplify
So it's Christmas. And I'm trying to deal with it on practically no budget. I've figured out what to give the extended family but that still leaves my closest nearest and dearest. Some thoughts on this have come my way lately. The new Pope says to make the "more humble purchase" and recently I read a daily devotional that spoke of freeing ourselves from "artificial needs" in order to live more simply.
In another article I read a statement that "buying begets buying." Which seems to me to be true. One thing calls for another. But I can't use my need to simplify as a reason not to give gifts to my family. And the joy of Christmas comes from the giving.
What I usually do is find something beautiful or unique for Steven and Ashley and Richard and then let them order something they want online. I'm anxious because I haven't found anything for them yet. I know they look forward to that hand chosen gift under the tree each year.
But I do have one last chance to find what I need. I go to the doctor in Reno on Dec 23. While I'm there I will go to the antique store and try to find three perfect things. A tie tack, some cuff links, a box, a ring, something small and special. I will meditate that these objects will be seen clearly by me so I don't spend all day looking for them. After all I have to go to Costco for Christmas food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment